SBI net banking: Over the last few years, Aadhaar card has become one of the most important pieces of documents in India, needed to complete several important tasks for individuals. The Aadhaar number is essentially a 12-digit random number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to the residents of India after finishing the verification process successfully laid down by the Authority.
If you are a State Bank of India (SBI) customer and haven’t linked your Aadhaar card to your bank account, SBI net banking portal allows you to do the same in a few easy steps. Here are some steps which can help you to link your Aadhaar card through SBI Internet banking portal.
1. Go to the official SBI net banking portal onlinesbi.com and log in.
2. Look for the option that reads ‘Link your Aadhaar number’ under ‘My Accounts’.
3. Select Account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
4. The portal will confirm your mobile number by showing the last two digits.
5. Status of mapping will be advised to you on your registered mobile number.
More from SBI
In a separate development, the bank has recently rolled out one-use ‘Virtual Card’ for its net banking users. These cards allow SBI customers to make online purchases but come with a limit. They can be created from bank’s net banking portal as well and are claimed to be more secure.