At Annual F8 conference, Facebook has said that from now, users can find their dates on their platform as well.
Facebook: Find Your Mate On Our Platform!
It is said that history repeats itself. And in the case of Facebook,
cent percent of this saying is true.
Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook launched the social network as a website which had a high resemblance to a dating site: Users can rate pictures of the other sex, and well, potentially find their date.
This was Facemash, and the year was 2003, which eventually evolved into Facebook.
Now, 15 years later, after Facebook has become a multi-billion dollar social platform, the dating functionality is back, with a bang.
Chris Cox, Facebook chief product officer has announced during their annual conference: F8 that they will be now launching a dating platform on their existing network.
Privacy has been considered a lot, as anyone opting for this new dating service can operate without announcing the same to all friends.
- Users interested in dating service can opt-in, and create a new profile within the existing platform, using only the first name. No new app or website will be launched – It will be a section of the main Facebook platform.
- Profile of those users, who have also opted in for dating will be shown to you. It can be your existing friends’ network as well, but not necessarily. Facebook will try to show random stranger’s profiles first, it seems.
- Your existing friends won’t be able to know about you choosing dating service unless you announce so. Hence, your dating operations can be discreet.
- You will be shown events and groups, pertaining to dating, which you can choose to attend or join. You will need to ‘unlock’ such invites, and in future, this can be a paid thing.
- If you are interested to initiate a conversation, a special chat window will be provided, which will be separate from Messenger and Whatsapp.
Source by techiyogiz..